Traffic regulations motorcycle
- It is allowed to attach a trailer to a motor.
- Motorcyclists should carefully passing stationary cars in a traffic jam. Driving on the emrgency, is thereby prohibited.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory.
- It is prohibited to transport more than one passenger.
- It is forbidden to transport children under 12 years on the back of the motor.
- Dipped beam or daytime running lights (including LED) during daytime is mandatory.
- On all motorways in Austria for vehicles up to 3500 kg a toll sticker required. Exception is some Sondermautstrecken which no vignette is mandatory, but must be separately toll
- For a trailer is no separate vignette required.
Maximum speed for motor with trailer;
In urban areas; 50 km / h
Outside built-up areas; 100 km / h
highways; 100 km / h
- It is forbidden to ride a bike with a backpack on the chest.
Traffic regulations mopedA moped in Austria called a "Motor Fahrrad. There is no separate definition of a light moped, it falls under the mopeds.
A moped must not drive faster than 45 km / h.
- It is allowed to attach a trailer to the vehicle.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory on mopeds.
- It is prohibited to drive with mopeds on bike paths.
Riding side by side
- Moped riders may not ride side by side
- The moped must be equipped with footrests and a private seat or passenger seat if you transporting a passenger
- Children under 8 years must be transported in an appropriate child seat.
- Dipped beam during daytime is mandatory
- You may only park your moped on the sidewalk as long as it is at least 2.5 m wide.